A Danish design classic
Using the best natural materials and refined steam-bent methods, Wishbone is made to last for generations. In 1944, Hans Wegner began a series of chairs that were inspired by portraits of Danish merchants sitting in Ming Chairs. One of these chairs was the Wishbone Chair (1949), also known as the “Y” or “CH-24,” which has been produced by the Danish firm Carl Hansen & Søn since 1950. The son of a shoemaker, Wegner was trained as a cabinetmaker before attending the School of Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen, after which he began his career as an architect. Just three years later, Wegner started his own design office, and his work soon caught the eye of Carl Hansen. The Wishbone Chair fit what the Hansen company was looking for to supplement the heavier forms popular at the time. Made in Denmark.
- Perfect for the dining room, living room, or office.
- Solid wood frame and handwoven paper cord seat.
- Sculptural form with a wraparound backrest that supports the arms.
- This is the authentic Wishbone Chair from Carl Hansen & Søn.
- Made in Denmark.
- Height (in): 29.13
- Width (in): 21.64
- Depth (in): 19.68
- Seat Height (in): 17.71
- Back Height (in): 29.13
- Weight Capacity (lbs): 300